This year saw Bet365 make its entry into the US market by offering its services to New Jersey residents. Registered and licensed by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, the platform has gone on to attract more players with others hoping it can expand its scope of operations to other states.
I went ahead to create an account with the platform to see how the bonus would be used. Additionally, I also had a look at some of the features they had presented to provide an outline of how to use them. Below is the Bet365 sportsbook findings on the same;
How to use the bet365 sportsbook: A Step by Step Guide
I created my Bet365 new sportsbook account, which was an easy process and below is a simplified step-to-step guide on how I went about;
1. I followed the link www.nj.bet365.com
2. While on the landing page, I clicked on the yellow top-right option ‘Join’
3. A pop-up page was presented and the following info was needed to complete the registration process;
- Country of Residence
- Title, First & Last name, Date of Birth, and Last 4 Digits of SSN
- Email Address, Contact Number, and I chose how I wanted to receive my offers. The preferences given were either through; Notification. text message, email, message in Bet365
- Street/House number, Street name, and ZIP Code
- Username & Password
- Preferences in the following sections; Time zone, o dds display
4. I checked on the four boxes provided which ascertained that;
- I would not grant anyone access to my account
- I provided accurate information
- I was not a US non-resident
5. I finished the process by clicking ‘Join Bet365’
Once I made my first deposit, I would go ahead to redeem various offers.
Bet365 main features
Bet365 is a highly-rated platform thanks to the many standout features it possesses. On my Bet365 journey, I came across various impressive features. The following are some of them with a brief review of each including a Bet365 live streaming review and a Bet365 sportsbook app review;
Bet365 offered a live streaming feature where I would watch some of the events in real-time on my account. This is one of the most sought after features in many sportsbooks in the US and Bet365 received my thumbs up for this. Top games in some of the top leagues, events, competitions, tournaments, and challenges were available for viewing. The feature required that I must have an account that had a positive balance or have an account that had made a bet in the last 24 hours.
How would I know the games available for streaming? Bet365 had made the whole process easy. On the main page, the middle lobby provided the top live games. I would look out for a ‘play’ icon alongside some of the games. If a game had such an icon, it meant that the event was available for streaming. Another way of finding events available for streaming involved clicking on the option ‘Live Streaming’ at the top of the page which would open up a page to view the current games available and the scheduled games available for streaming.
I learned that Bet365 streams over 140,000 events in a year which was laudable. Soccer, Basketball, Tennis, Hockey, and Golf were some of the games where I would stream. Streaming on any event would start 2 minutes before kick-off and a good stable internet connection with a broadband speed of 512kbp/s or more was advisable.
To use the Live Streaming service you will need to be logged in and have a funded account or to have placed a bet in the last 24 hours.
Bet365 also offered a live betting/in-play feature that allowed a player to make a live bet. The feature came in handy in helping me realize good returns. How? You may ask. When the game is being played, depending on the scoreline, the odds keep on ‘playing’ such that they may rise or go down. When the odds are enhanced, I would make a bet and in the case the result favored me, I would garner good returns. Live streaming complemented this feature on many grounds.
A popular feature among many sportsbooks in the US. I also came across this feature in Bet365 which allowed me to minimize losses and lock in profits. The main idea behind cash-out was to withdraw funds before an event was over. To minimize losses in that I would withdraw part of my stake if my bet was losing. To lock in profits in that I would withdraw winnings if my bet was winning.
Bet365 provided 3 types of cash-out. They included;
- Full cash-out – This involved withdrawing all winnings garnered or the remaining stake
- Partial cash-out – This involved withdrawing part of the winnings garnered and leaving out the rest to try more luck
- Auto cash-out – This involved setting a threshold as I placed my bet. The platform would automatically cash-out for me if the value was met
As the name suggests, the feature allowed me to build up my unique bet. This feature was only eligible on the Soccer section and only allowed up to six selections to be made. Bet builder opened up an avenue where I would choose from various markets such as;
- Full-Time or Half-Time result
- Corners awarded
- Cards to be given
- Both Teams to Score
- Team to Qualify
- Number of Goals
I would then calculate my odds with Bet365 pricing my bet as a single bet.
Edit bet was another feature I came across and with it, I had an avenue where I would add a selection to my bet, swap a selection or remove a selection from my bet slip. The feature also allowed me to change my bet type to my preferred parlay option. Edit bet played a role in minimizing risks or increasing the risk. Edit bet was highly dependent on cash-out such that it would only be made available only if the cash-out option was available. For any unsettled selection in my bet or a bet that has not been determined, using edit bet feature would be possible.
This feature was also offered on the platform just below the top control bar. On the click of it, I would be ushered to a page with the latest sports articles. I would also get an opportunity to read the press releases of various sports including; US Sports, Football, Golf, Tennis, Motorsports, Cycling, Darts, Cricket, Aussie Rules, Boxing, and Snooker.
Bet365 also had a mobile platform rolled out where I would access its products and services either through mobile browsers or a mobile application. There were close similarities in all and the platform was available to all Android and iOS users. The mobile platform had comprehensive content and well-designed to fit perfectly on the screen without any congestion. The fonts and colors used were also of high-quality and the interaction was made easy thanks to the tools incorporated which included search options and drop-down tools.
The app was available for download directly from the site with iOS users also able to download the same from the Apple Store. The mobile platform offered the following services and features;
- Creation of a new account
- Access features such as; live streaming, live betting, cash-out, edit bet, and bet builder
- Contact customer support
- Make payment transactions (deposit and withdrawals)
- Change to preferred odds display, time zone, currency, and language
Final Thoughts: Bet365 exceeded my expectations
Bet365 exceeded my expectations thanks to the friendliness on the website. The platform was tailored for the customer with many options fitted on the main page. The interaction was made easy thanks to crucial tools such as the search option and incorporation of software that was fast. I had an avenue to choose my preferences that made me feel welcomed. The preferences ranged from choosing the language of my choice, currency, time zone, and odds display.
The features presented were also impressive. Features such as bet builder, edit bet, live streaming, and betting news were unique with a few sportsbooks offering the same. I had little to complain about the platform hence Bet365 received my thumbs up!
- Bet365 Terms and Conditions apply / New Customers Only / Commercial Content / 21+ Responsible Gambling.
- This review is based on a personal experience of the Bet365 offers.
- Disclaimer: The contant is subject to change so always refer to the Bet365 platforms for the latest updates and information.